I can happily say I’ve never run into a bitter cucumber that wasn’t a pickle. Still, I’ve heard that depending on cucumbers’ variety and quality, they can be somewhat bitter and unpleasant. Checking bitterness is essential in making this Delectable Cucumber and Yogurt Salad.
Taste each of the cucumbers you are using to ensure that it is not bitter. If it turns out you got stuck with a bitter one, soak the cut-up cucumber pieces in saltwater for about half an hour or until the bitter taste is reduced. After washing, rinse the cucumbers in cold water and drain before using, even plotting with a paper towel if there is a lot of extra water and you’re ready to go make this cucumber and yogurt salad.
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Toasted cumin seed
- Red pepper seeds
- Peel the 2 cucumbers and cut them in half lengthwise, and slice.
- Taste the cucumbers and if they are bitter, refer to the instructions above before continuing with the dish.
- Mix together the cucumber, yogurt, fresh dill, sea salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently mix all of the ingredients together.
- Serve, topping each dish with a slash of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and enjoy!