To celebrate the second day in our “salad week,” I prepared this delicious kale salad with apple, red bell pepper, garlic, and avocado.
One cup of fresh Kale contains 133% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin A you need and 134% of the recommended amount of Vitamin C. This wonder vegetable, a superfood in its own right, is also a great source of Calcium (10%), Vitamin B-6 (10%), Potassium 9% and Magnesium 7%. It only contains 33 calories per cup and has essential health benefits, helping against cancer, heart disease, and age-related chronic diseases.
Kale salad is one of the healthiest salads you will ever prepare.
Delightful Kale Salad With Apples and Avocado
- 2 cups Kale only the tender part of the leaves, no stems
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any other superior quality olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1 medium apple cut into cubes
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a non-stick pan, sauté the garlic, together with the bell pepper, in olive oil, for a minute, before adding the Kale – this will blend the flavour of the peppers and garlic beautifully.
- Stir-fry the Kale for 3 to 5 minutes, tossing it with the tongs from time to time, to cook evenly. Remove from heat, and pour into a bowl.
- Add apple cubes and avocado, and season with salt, pepper and Modena balsamic. Give it a nice toss in the bowl to mix the ingredients evenly.
- You can serve in salad bowls or on a plate.