This Skinny Dinner is perfect for the warm evenings we hope are coming soon! Today, I’ll share with you the best skinny salmon salad recipe I have made at home. It’s definitely a must-try!
You can use tinned salmon or even tuna in this recipe; you could use arugula or rocket, or if you prefer, lamb’s lettuce. It’s quick and easy with the vinaigrette and capers adding lots of flavours. I love making my vinaigrette, especially to complement the dish instead of using the same old dressing, and this really adds to the salad.
Diet-Friendly Skinny Salmon Salad Recipe
Skinny Salmon Salad Ingredients
- 500 grams salmon fillet cut into 4 pieces
- 1 can cooking spray
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 225 grams green beans trimmed and halved
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 small bag lamb's lettuce
- 1 small bag baby spinach
- 1 handful parmesan shaved
- 8 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper fresh
- 4 teaspoons capers drained
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar and the oil. Season with salt and pepper, add in the capers and set aside.
- Bring a medium-sized pan of water with ½ teaspoon salt to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and pop in some cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet/frying pan to high heat, lightly spray with oil, and season the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper – add to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes on each side – until cooked through. Remove the skin and transfer it to a plate.
- Divide the lettuce and spinach between the plates, and evenly serve the green beans on top. Add the salmon and shave the parmesan over the salmon. Drizzle the dressing over the top of each plate.