This Hearty Salmon With Greens Super Salad recipe is very simple yet packed full of zero sugar diet goodness!
The salmon provides ample protein, whilst the green veggies satisfy your micronutrient needs as they are packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
The great thing about this salmon with greens super salad is you can make it before cooking the salmon, in just 15 minutes. This leaves you time to concentrate on the salmon.
You will love this salad combo if you love salmon in your salads. The flavour combination is just too much to resist! Plus, it’s healthy so that you can devour it without guilt.
Hearty Salmon With Greens Super Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 packet French beans
- 1 packet beans
- 1 packet spinach
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium red chilli
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 dash Himalayan salt or sea salt as an alternative
- 1 cup sweet potatoes
- 1000 grams salmon 250 grams per person
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 dash Himalayan Salt
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Take off the heat and blanch the asparagus for 3 minutes. Take out and place in a large colander. Then add the french beans to the water and blanch for 5 minutes. Repeat taking the beans out and putting them in the colander with the asparagus. Finally, add the broad beans to the water for 3 minutes. Add to the other beans and drain again in the colander. When all the greens are dry, add to a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped chilli, chopped shallot, half a teaspoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, spinach, 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Now the salad is done, heat a frying pan on medium heat and add enough butter to fry your salmon. Don’t be tight; add in that butter!
- Once the butter is sizzling away, add your salmon skin side down and cook until the salmon has turned a lighter pink. This will crisp that skin right up!
- Once the salmon looks like it’s nearly cooked, rub some salt into the top of it and flip it over to brown off the top.
- Once the salmon is cooked, set it aside and grill the sweet potatoes.
- Place your salad on the plate and add your salmon and sweet potatoes to that bed.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of red wine!