I found this kale and apple salad recipe while google searching for easy and healthy weekday dinners. It was almost 5 pm on a weeknight, I had no idea what to have for dinner, and I did not want to waste money on restaurant food.
For those that aren’t chefs, this salad takes zero skills. For those that don’t like salads, I get it. I am never excited about a salad.
In my opinion, it’s the most annoying and least tasty way to get your vegetable servings. I never order them when dining out because I am sceptical about how healthy a salad is after being drenched in dressing and topped with heaps of sugary pecans and cheeses.
I’d rather be on the safe side and get that veggie burger sub sweet potato fries instead of a potentially unhealthy salad. That was until I made this Kale and Apple salad.
The full recipe is here. It is easy, cheap, and you’ll have leftovers so you can actually pack your lunch the next day and not just say you’re going to and buy chipotle instead.
- 1-2 bunches of kale
- 2 large lemons
- Slivered almonds
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced
- Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper
- Dates (optional)
- Squeeze the lemon into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and salt, stir.
- Tear the kale leaves from stems and place them in the large bowl.
- Throw in the almonds, sliced apple, and dates. Mix the contents with your hands.