Have you ever had a dressing you like so much that you make a salad around it? Well, this crunchy salad is made precisely for that reason. I made a concoction of dressing made from miso, tahini (sesame paste) and turmeric. I try to add this root in many of my dishes because it’s so good for you and makes everything I make so pretty!
So this salad is meant as a side dish. I usually serve a light, refreshing salad like this with a source of protein, like grilled tuna or grilled chicken and quinoa/brown rice. Yes, I do eat rice! I just learned to portion it and eat it on my high-activity days. Do you know that sprouts like pea shoots are so good for you? How good? About 30 times more nutrients than organic vegetables! Here’s the recipe.
Crunchy Salad With Miso Tahini Dressing Recipe
- 2 handfuls pea shoot
- 1 handful snap peas trimmed
- ⅙ medium red cabbage thinly sliced
- ¼ cup edamame beans steamed
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 medium green onions chopped and thinly sliced white parts
- 2 tablespoons mint chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds lightly toasted
- 1 small turmeric root optional
Miso Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon miso light
- ⅓ cup tahini sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil toasted
- ¼ cup water more depending on the consistency you desire
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients except edamame and sesame seeds. For presentation, these 2 can get “lost” in the plate. I usually place them on top of the salad. Remember, you eat first with your eyes.
- In another bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until smooth. Add more water if needed to make it thinner to your liking. Taste your creation, and tweak as needed.