Black Bean Salad is a delightful Mexican salad dish usually served on the sides with main-course dishes. However, you can have it by itself as light lunch or dinner. This fiery black bean salad is visually appealing, with many different colours and textures. You will also find black bean salad as a regular side with grilled meat or steaks in most restaurants.
Black beans are one of the healthiest and can be found in any local grocery store. Along with black beans, you can add your favourite veggies. The beans and veggies are coated with a tangy dressing which will give the dish that extra zing.
Fiery Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 clove garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet corn boiled
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup black beans pre-boiled
- ½ medium avocado butter fruit, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup coriander freshly chopped
- ½ teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- In a bowl, pour lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Now, peel the garlic and mash it thoroughly to make it into a paste, as you do not want to taste garlic bits in your salad.
- Add mashed garlic into the lime juice along with the red chilli powder.
- Finally, add ground pepper and whisk all ingredients, gradually pouring olive oil.
- Leave it aside to pour onto your salad later.
- First, we will need to boil our sweet corn and black beans.
- Soak the black beans in cold water for about an hour.
- Boil water in a pot with a bit of salt.
- Once the water is boiling, add black beans and sweet corn.
- Let them simmer until they are soft and cooked. Make sure you don’t overcook as we want it to have a nice bite to them. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the excess water.
- Peel your avocado and cut the soft pulp into bite-size cubes.
- Add all the veggies one by one with olive oil in a bowl. (Add the avocado in the end because we do not want them to be mashed while mixing)
- Once you have added all the veggies, pour the dressing slowly, covering all parts.
- Take 2 spoons and give it a good mix making sure the dressing coats all veggies.
- Now season with salt and pepper.
- In the end, add chopped avocado and freshly chopped coriander.