I had this fresh Italian salad when I went out last month with friends to try this new Italian restaurant in our neighbourhood. I have to say that they serve a good selection of delicious salads that I have to try at home–so I did! Here’s the homemade version of the salad I am very proud of!
Fresh Italian Salad
- 8 ounces Genoa salami cut
- 8 ounces soppressata or other hard salami, cut into small
- 8 ounces sharp provolone cheese sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese fresh, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes cut
- 1 can artichokes 14-ounce can, drained and quartered
- ½ jar roasted red peppers 6-ounce, drained and sliced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup green olives pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil extra-virgin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup basil leaves fresh
- Combine Genoa and soppressata salami, provolone, mozzarella, tomatoes, and artichokes in a big bowl.
- Cut the peppers and add them to the mix, along with about 3 tablespoons of the juice.
- Mix in the chopped olives. Drizzle olive oil over the entire dish, followed by red wine vinegar and black pepper. This Italian salad can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving.
- Tear off the fresh basil leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to salad just before serving. Stir and serve.