Kale salads are a great way to integrate this green superfood into your diet! Unfortunately, kale can often be too tough for salads, but this recipe is great for a lighter kale salad and easy to make. I also love that you can leave this salad overnight with the dressing already mixed without the kale getting soggy, but rather it marinates and tastes even better the following day. This Asian kale salad is also great with cold and flu season approaching since it contains a good amount of garlic and ginger, both heating foods that can help detoxification.
Garlic specifically is known for its potent antibacterial and antiviral properties, digestive aid, and anti-inflammatory. Ginger is also anti-inflammatory and acts as a digestive aid, and is antibacterial and stimulating circulation. Also, for added protein, this salad is great with grilled or shredded chicken!
Gingery Asian Kale Salad Recipe
- 2 bunch kale
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper diced (red or orange)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ⅓ cup Asian dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger root grated
- ½ medium lime juiced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Clean kale and pat dry.
- Chop kale finely into 1-inch strips, then set aside in a large salad bowl.
- Add chopped green onion, diced bell pepper and tomatoes to the salad.
- Sprinkle 3 to 4 dashes of black sesame seeds into the salad.
- Combine dressing ingredients in q small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add dressing to salad and toss.
- Alice avocado and add to the top of the salad, and enjoy!