After I made the Easy Arugula Pesto, I went down to the garden to see if I needed to pick anything today.
The eggs went into pasta carbonara for dinner. The Pepperoncini’s wound up in a fermenting jar (are you even surprised?)The yellow squash went with the other two I have and will be made into something tomorrow, and the cucumber was too big for pickling, so it was used for my favourite (really… all time favourite) Cucumber Sour Cream Salad.
I have hundreds of pickling cucumbers just budding out. By next week I think I am going to be using every available crock and jar for pickles.
Because I can’t keep it to myself, here is my Cucumber Sour Cream Salad. I reduced it by a ⅓ since I only had one cucumber.
Healthy Cucumber Sour Cream Salad
This creamy cucumber sour cream salad, with vinegar and dill, is a delicious summer dish.
- 4 medium cucumbers peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 pinch salt
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dill fresh, or ¼ teaspoon dried
- Slice the cucumbers very thinly and sprinkle lightly with some salt in a colander. Let drain for at least ½ hour. Mix all the other ingredients except the dill. Add the cucumbers and sprinkle with the dill. Chill. That is it. Simple. Very tasty!
Calories: 267kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 622mgPotassium: 388mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 682IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 1mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.