Caesar salad gets its name from Caesar Cardini, a Mexican chef. The Classic Caesar Salad Recipe is one of the best salad recipes and the most popular salads eaten around the world. An ideal dish for health-conscious people. Light and delicious dish for brunch and dinner. It could be made with leftover grilled chicken for non-vegetarians. Just add chicken pieces with all other veggies, and your salad is ready.
The Classic Caesar salad recipe is made with egg yolks, but our version here has the option of not adding egg yolks to the dressing. Find out how.
Light Classic Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2-3 slices bread toasted and torn roughly into bite-size pieces. Or use croutons
- 1 handful Parmesan cheese freshly grated
For The Salad Dressing:
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard add this instead of the egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste optional
- 2-3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic peeled and mashed.
- ½ medium lime juice
- 1 large lettuce cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces.
- ½ medium capsicum cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful cheese freshly grated
- For croutons, toast bread either in the oven or on a pan and brush it with olive oil. Leave it to rest.
- In a salad bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together. Make sure the garlic, mustard and Worcestershire sauce are well mixed.
- While mixing, add grated Parmesan cheese and whisk the dressing for a few seconds until they form a good paste.
- Season dressing with salt and freshly ground pepper. Make sure to taste the dressing before adding salt, as the anchovy paste is salty.
- To the dressing mix, add veggies and toss till dressing coats all vegetables.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the salad.
- Now add olive oil-coated bread to the mixture.
- Drizzle a few more drops of olive oil for that extra flavor.
- Enjoy your homemade Caesar salad.