With most salads, there are so many competing flavors, and so much stuff shoved into one bowl. Why all the fuss? You wouldn’t wear hoop earrings with a big chunky necklace? I decided a minimalist approach could be the solution to my easy salad. Starting with arugula, a nutrient-rich bitter green packed with vitamin E, beta carotene, and dietary fiber, I devised this Bresaola Over Arugula salad that’s worthy of an entrée billing.
Quick And Light Bresaola Over Arugula
Quick And Light Bresaola Over Arugula. A healthy salad mixed with artisan cured meats and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
- 3 cups arugula wild
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 6 slices Bresaola I used Citterios’
- ⅓ cup Parmigiano Reggiano shaved
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together EVOO, lemon juice, sugar, and a few dashes of salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Toss arugula with dressing, stirring thoroughly. Plate greens, then add shaved Parmigiano and bresaola. Finally, sprinkle it with black pepper before serving.
Calories: 89kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 139mgPotassium: 70mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 338IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 99mgIron: 0.3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.