Spinach And Pistachio Chicken Salad. Finding healthy and easy salad recipes with chicken for your family is not that easy at all. Adults might love it but not the children. I have here a delicious salad recipe with chicken that your loved ones will truly love. It will definitely satisfy their choosy taste buds.
This healthy salad recipe with chicken has many health benefits. Let’s start with its spinach content. Spinach, as everybody knows, has flavonoids which are a phytonutrient that has anti-cancer properties. It slows down cell division in the stomach and in skin cancer cells. Also, spinach prevents the occurrence of prostate cancer. It has anti-inflammatory properties. It contains antioxidants such as vitamin E, zinc, vitamin C, selenium and beta-carotene. These antioxidants stop the onset of high blood pressure, osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. Spinach is also rich in vitamin A which helps promote healthy skin and fights infection.
Pistachio is effective in lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol. It is rich in antioxidants like Vitamin E and A, fights inflammation, reduces the risk of heart disease and protects the blood vessels. Even in small amounts, it increases the lutein, an antioxidant that protects the LDL from oxidizing that reduces heart disease. It also helps prevent Type 2 diabetes.
Chicken is universally known to be a very good source of protein. This is the reason why there are lots of salad recipes with chicken, which are recommended for people on the go and bodybuilders who require a good amount of protein in their bodies. It is also a good source of cancer-protective vitamin B, niacin.
Super Healthy Spinach And Pistachio Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pistachio nuts shelled
- 1 teaspoon Powder garlic to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 4 pieces skinless chicken breast boneless halves
- 10 ounce pack baby spinach leaves washed and drained
- 1 medium avocado peeled, sliced
- 1 medium julienned bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bottled balsamic salad dressing
- 1 handful grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 2 stalks green onions sliced
- Using a blender or food processor, place the pistachio and pulse until you achieve the desired cut.
- Sprinkle the pistachio on a large plate.
- In a skillet, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
- Roll the chicken breast halves on a large plate with pistachio, and add more nuts as needed.
- Sprinkle black pepper and garlic powder on the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts in a skillet with warm oil and cook until it’s golden brown.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and let it cook for around three to five minutes on each side until there is no pink color inside.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and cut it into thin slices.
- Prepare four bowls. Put equal amounts of spinach leaves, bell pepper, green onions, avocado and tomatoes.
- Put chicken slices on top and then sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese, add some black pepper and pour Balsamic vinegar.