Before I share the recipe for this sunny vegetable salad, let me share a secret. When I was a kid, I hated vegetables. There, I said it out loud. I did. I was probably not that much out of the ordinary, but I existed on meat, bread and potatoes. Oh yeah, and sugar. Did I mention sugar? It’s a wonder I’m still alive.
But today, as an adult woman who has lived the better part of half of her life, I am here to tell you I like veggies–all kinds of veggies. These include raw veggies, cooked veggies, common veggies, and some that are not so common. So there is hope for that picky little eater who sits at the dining room table with you. Hold that thought close.
Today, my easy recipe is a vegetable salad. It’s one of my favourites because of the sweet and salty taste, and it is easy to make. I have taken this sunny vegetable salad on many occasions. I am often asked if I will share the recipe. So, I am sharing the recipe today with you.
Tastiest Sunny Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 5 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅔ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup bacon cooked and crumbled into bits
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, toss all vegetable ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the bacon seeds before serving.
- And there you have it, easy peasy. This vegetable salad really is easy to assemble and a tasty side dish to any meal.