I’ve been very into salad lately. Isn’t it the perfect dish for summer? It’s refreshing and full of vitamins. This Tomato, Bell Pepper and Shrimp Salad is just amazingly easy and delicious. If you don’t have shrimps, you can add crab or even surimi; whatever you have, it’s okay.
This shrimp salad is a variation of a salad we usually eat in the south of Spain in summer, but I added some shrimp to make it a main course for lunch. This salad brings me a lot of memories from when I was a child. My mom used to make this salad all the time in summer, and she still does it. My father grows many tomatoes, peppers, onions, so we always have the ingredients at home. If you grow your vegetables, this one will be perfect for you!
Tomato, Bell Pepper and Shrimp Salad
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 3 small bell peppers mixed-coloured, deseeded and diced
- 2 talks spring onions chopped
- 10 small pickles chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shrimp cooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all the ingredients and keep the salad chilled until served.
- Serve in a bed of lettuce.
- That’s it! Enjoy!