I’ve been very into salad lately. Isn’t it the perfect dish for summer? It’s refreshing and full of vitamins. This Tomato, Bell Pepper and Shrimp Salad is just amazingly easy and delicious. If you don’t have shrimps, you can add crab or even surimi; whatever you have, it’s okay.
This shrimp salad is a variation of a salad we usually eat in the south of Spain in summer, but I added some shrimp to make it a main course for lunch. This salad brings me a lot of memories from when I was a child. My mom used to make this salad all the time in summer, and she still does it. My father grows many tomatoes, peppers, onions, so we always have the ingredients at home. If you grow your vegetables, this one will be perfect for you!
- 3 medium-size tomatoes, diced
- 3 small mixed-coloured bell peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 10 small pickles, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup of shrimp, cooked
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients and keep the salad chilled until served.
- Serve in a bed of lettuce.
- That's it! Enjoy!