So we all know kale is the trendiest food. It seems like you’re so cool if you eat it, and more so, talk about eating it. So here is a wonderful Massaged Kale Salad recipe to eat kale, because you know it’s good for you, but to actually like eating it.
- 1 avocado
- 2 to 3 handfuls of cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/4 to 1/2 red onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- A tiny squirt of good dijon mustard
- Pit the avocado and mash it up with cilantro, lime and onion.
- Add the coconut aminos, Nutritional Yeast, water, salt and pepper, garlic powder and mustard- mix it up until it looks like a thick dressing.
- I added about 2 or so cups to a big bowl for the kale and topped it with the dressing.
- Mix it all over the kale until each bit is covered.
- Throw it in the fridge for a few hours. You want to let it sit for at least a few hours but overnight makes it even better. The kale softens and soaks up a lot of the flavour.