A couple of months ago, I tried a recipe for ranch dressing without any crazy chemicals, and it’s fantastic. Seriously. I wouldn’t switch over to it if it weren’t. I think I like it better than the store-bought stuff since it’s thicker and creamier. I won’t go as far as to say this is healthy for you (since I’m still using store-bought mayo), but I think this is better than ranch.
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of parsley, dill, and chives
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, if desired
- Mix all ingredients together.
- I usually mix it right in the jar I'm going to store it in, so it saves me a dish to wash.