A good salad dressing can turn any boring bowl of lettuce into something extraordinary. When I make a salad, I like to add in all the fixings. But, hands down, my favourite type of salad is Greek. I love the combination of feta, beets, onions, and of course, the Greek salad dressing!
This Greek salad dressing can reach far beyond just a salad. It can also serve as an excellent sauce for grilled meats, even a dip for bread or veggies. You will never go back to store-bought dressing after giving this a try!
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad is the go-to salad for salad lovers. If you love having this, you must have the perfect Greek salad dressing to pair with it.
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except the oil into a food processor. Blend these ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds or until the mixture comes together.
- Slowly pour the cup of oil down the tube of the processor while the machine is running.
- Taste for additional seasonings and place in an airtight container. This dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks.
One teaspoon of sugar will leave the dressing slightly acidic. If you would like to cut some of the acidity, add a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar at a time until you reach your desired taste.
Calories: 397kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 0.3gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 32gSodium: 474mgPotassium: 35mgFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 21IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.