A good salad dressing can turn any boring bowl of lettuce into something extraordinary. When I make a salad, I like to add in all the fixings. But, hands down, my favourite type of salad is Greek. I love the combination of feta, beets, onions, and of course, the Greek salad dressing!
This Greek salad dressing can reach far beyond just a salad. It can also serve as an excellent sauce for grilled meats, even a dip for bread or veggies. You will never go back to store-bought dressing after giving this a try!
- 1 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except the oil into a food processor. Blend these ingredients for 15 to 20 seconds or until the mixture comes together.
- Slowly pour the cup of oil down the tube of the processor while the machine is running.
- Taste for additional seasonings and place in an airtight container. This dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks.
One teaspoon of sugar will leave the dressing slightly acidic. If you would like to cut some of the acidity, add a 1/4 teaspoon of sugar at a time until you reach your desired taste.