This lemon-olive oil salad dressing recipe is so easy; it didn’t initially occur to me to post it. But then I found I kept making this, so I decided I would.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make as much or as little as you like. You can make just enough for the salad you’re preparing for dinner, or you can prepare extra, and it will last for about one week in your refrigerator. (If you refrigerate it, take it out about 1/2 hour before using it, so the olive oil warms up.)
Lemon-Olive Oil Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup lemon juice fresh
- ¼ cup olive oil really good extra-virgin
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Remove any seeds.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt.
- Very slowly, pour the olive oil into the lemon juice, whisking the entire time.
- Continue whisking until the dressing becomes thick and thoroughly mixed.
- If it tastes too lemony, add a little more olive oil, and vice versa. Add more salt if needed. When it’s ready, pour it on your salad and toss.