I have a sweet tooth, so I lean on sweet salad dressings. Today, I’ll share this Sweet Basil Vinaigrette recipe with you. The secret to making this vinaigrette sweet is apple juice. The apple juice gives it a light sweetness. Not too much, but just right. However, You must remember to read your labels. It needs to be unsweetened, 100% apple juice.
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
If you want a sweet salad dressing, this sweet basil vinaigrette is a must-try! This complements well any fresh salads you make at home.
- ¾ cup basil chopped
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except olive oil and blend them together. Pulse for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- With the blender still pulsing, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Continue to blend for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into a storage container and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Calories: 552kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 3gFat: 58gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 728mgPotassium: 39mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 938IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 1mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.