I have a sweet tooth, so I lean on sweet salad dressings. Today, I’ll share this Sweet Basil Vinaigrette recipe with you. The secret to making this vinaigrette sweet is apple juice. The apple juice gives it a light sweetness. Not too much, but just right. However, You must remember to read your labels. It needs to be unsweetened, 100% apple juice.
- 1/2-1 cup of basil, chopped
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of apple juice
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup of olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except olive oil and blend them together. Pulse for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- With the blender still pulsing, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Continue to blend for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into a storage container and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.