I have a sweet tooth, so I lean on sweet salad dressings. Today, I’ll share this Sweet Basil Vinaigrette recipe with you. The secret to making this vinaigrette sweet is apple juice. The apple juice gives it a light sweetness. Not too much, but just right. However, You must remember to read your labels. It needs to be unsweetened, 100% apple juice.
Sweet Basil Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup basil chopped
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients except olive oil and blend them together. Pulse for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- With the blender still pulsing, slowly pour in the olive oil.
- Continue to blend for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour into a storage container and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.