Chipotle chicken salad is one of my favourite lunch ideas, especially on days that I have leftover chicken (which makes the recipes very fast to prepare!) I like to eat it by itself, served with a string of cheese and some sliced avocado.
It would also be good served as a wrap on a low-carb, high fibre tortilla, or if you didn’t want to wilt the spinach and instead wanted to serve the chicken salad on a bed of fresh spinach, it would make a great salad.
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of dried chipotle chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim fat off chicken and place in a baking dish. Top with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake chicken for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let chicken cool for 10 minutes. While the chicken is cooling, wilt the spinach in a medium saucepan until it is cooked down (but not soggy).
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Mix chicken, spinach and remaining ingredients until combined. It can be served over a salad, in a wrap, or by itself topped with cheese.