Chipotle chicken salad is one of my favourite lunch ideas, especially on days that I have leftover chicken (which makes the recipes very fast to prepare!) I like to eat it by itself, served with a string of cheese and some sliced avocado.
It would also be good served as a wrap on a low-carb, high fibre tortilla, or if you didn’t want to wilt the spinach and instead wanted to serve the chicken salad on a bed of fresh spinach, it would make a great salad.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 2-3 slices chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1-2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim fat off chicken and place in a baking dish. Top with olive oil and salt and pepper. Bake chicken for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Let chicken cool for 10 minutes. While the chicken is cooling, wilt the spinach in a medium saucepan until it is cooked down (but not soggy).
- Dice chicken into small pieces.
- Mix chicken, spinach and remaining ingredients until combined. It can be served over a salad, in a wrap, or by itself topped with cheese.