I bought the most beautiful savoy cabbage last weekend at the farmer’s market and knew exactly what I wanted to make with it. This Chinese chicken salad is my go-to recipe whenever I see a savoy or napa cabbage that I cannot resist (almost every time I see one).
Of course, it’s gigantic, so I still have some roasted and sautéed cabbage that needs to be made. Maybe a soup. I haven’t decided yet. Ask me tomorrow because it’s reaching the end of its life cycle.
Try this Chinese chicken salad when you don’t have any idea what to do with savoy cabbage. This is a very tasty and healthy dish to try at home. Check out the dish you can easily make.
Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- ¼ head savoy cabbage
- ½ medium red bell pepper
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 medium chicken breast chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- Cut your cabbage into quarters- you will only need a quarter for this salad.
- Then, core it, and chop it up into bite-size pieces.
- Chop up peppers and carrots into bite-size pieces. Dice cilantro as well.
- Mix in a large bowl.
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper and bring 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to popping over med-high heat. Stir fry chicken in oil until cooked through. Cool chicken on a plate for 10 minutes before tossing in a salad.
- While chicken is cooking, mix up dressing in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken, salad and dressing in a large bowl. Serve chilled. It lasts for a few days in the fridge and is delicious the next day!