I wanted to make a salad that celebrated peaches because they have been so good this year; we can’t get enough of them! So, I made this juicy peach chicken salad. They peaches were firm, juicy and incredibly flavorful. I’ve been buying them at our local farmer’s market or a local orchard store; both have really good prices for organic peaches.
It is important to buy organically grown peaches because they come in #4 on the dirty dozen list of fruits/vegetables with the highest pesticide residues.
This peach chicken salad recipe is based on one by the same name in The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. I upped the curry flavour more than the original recipe, but if you like curry, it could easily take even more. The original also called for 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves. This gave a hint of clove barely, and I wasn’t that wild about it, so I have left it out of my version of the recipe. This is a delicious salad that we would make again!
Juicy Peach Chicken Salad Recipe
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and diced
- 2 medium peaches sliced
- 2 bunch lettuce
- ¼ cup mayo homemade
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar unfiltered
- 2 tablespoons orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the chicken, peaches, and lettuce into a bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a measuring cup or small bowl and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Carefully mix in the dressing. Either serve immediately or refrigerate for later.