I always have some leftover food at home, and I wanted to use them up to avoid food waste. Lately, I have been accumulating loads of leftover chicken and bacon, so I thought I could make a salad out of them together with fresh veggies. Thus, I ended up with this yummy light chicken cobb salad recipe.
It’s a quick salad recipe you can prepare when you already have the ingredients cooked.
Light Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 handfuls grape tomatoes
- 2 medium chicken breasts baked or grilled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 3 small beets cooked, peeled and cubed
- 3 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 medium eggs hard-boiled and halved
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbled
- 1 medium avocado peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Chop up all ingredients and add to one salad bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Add your favourite salad dressing.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.