I always have some leftover food at home, and I wanted to use them up to avoid food waste. Lately, I have been accumulating loads of leftover chicken and bacon, so I thought I could make a salad out of them together with fresh veggies. Thus, I ended up with this yummy light Chicken Cobb Salad recipe.
It’s a quick salad recipe you can prepare when you already have the ingredients cooked.
- Several handfuls of lettuce or spinach
- A couple of handfuls of grape tomatoes
- 1 to 2 chicken breasts, baked or grilled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 to 3 small beets, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 2 to 3 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 or 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chop up all ingredients and add to one salad bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Add your favourite salad dressing.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.