Chicken salad is a great dish. Whether it’s put between two toasted pieces of bread, used as a dip on some chips or stealing the show all on its own – it’s a delicious choice, especially for a quick lunchtime meal. A freshly made light chicken salad typically doesn’t have many downfalls or flaws, but the one that might come up is that it might have trouble fitting into a healthy diet.
Fortunately, that’s no longer true due to this wonderful light chicken salad recipe having absolutely no mayo. However, the lack of mayo in this dish doesn’t take away from the taste or creaminess that is so important to a good chicken salad – so give it a try!
Light Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound chicken shredded
- 2 large eggs hard-boiled
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ⅛ cup yellow onion diced
- 1 small cup Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Take your prepared chicken and dice it up into small pieces.
- Boil your eggs so the shell removes easily, and then mash them up well, not leaving too many big chunks.
- Take the rest of your ingredients, mix them all, and ensure they are well combined.
- Finally, refrigerate your chicken salad until it is at the coldness you prefer and serve it on its own or some toasted multigrain braid for a fantastic light lunch dish!