I enjoy my lunchtime a lot, especially when I have this Curry Chicken Salad! It is the one time of day that I have all to myself, and it’s become vital for me to shut everything off-phones, and the internet and enjoy what I’m eating and take a real break. With that being said, I don’t get a ton of time to prepare lunch, so it’s usually deconstructed sandwiches with some fruit or cherry tomatoes on the side. I love it when I get the opportunity to throw together something during the week that I can use for lunches throughout the remainder of the week, and this was one of those weeks!
On Wednesday, my husband picked up a rotisserie chicken that we didn’t use, so I pulled it apart and made one of my favourite lunch recipes, curry chicken salad. The recipe is simple to make and very tasty. I like to change it up sometimes. I’ll eat it with a pita, maybe some crackers, or throw it on salad greens. It’s a quick recipe to pull together and makes a beautiful lunch.
Spiced Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ cup mayonnaise low-fat
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt plain low-fat
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cups chicken breasts skinless and cut to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red grapes seedless and halved
- ½ cup green onions thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Add the curry powder, mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, ginger, orange juice and orange zest to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Stir in the chicken, grapes, green onions and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.