Got no time to cook a warm meal? You can easily whip up this simple canned chicken salad recipe if you got canned goods. It’s such a quick recipe you can prepare when you want something to fill you up in less than ten minutes. Just start with a simple can of chicken and add some fresh ingredients to have a yummy salad. Easy canned chicken salad recipe – voila!
- 1 can of chicken
- 1 /2 cup of pineapple bits
- 1/4 cup of corn
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ red or white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of deli mustard
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts or sliced almonds (optional)
- Drain the can of chicken and add it to a bowl.
- Chop all the fruits and veggies and toss those in.
- Add the gloopy stuff and mix well. Season once it is all mixed.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour for the best flavour before eating. Consider altering the herb to change the flavour profile. Consider something like dill or thyme for a more traditional taste, or add more mustard for a bit of kick.