Got no time to cook a warm meal? You can easily whip up this simple canned chicken salad recipe if you got canned goods. It’s such a quick recipe you can prepare when you want something to fill you up in less than ten minutes. Just start with a simple can of chicken and add some fresh ingredients to have a yummy salad. Easy canned chicken salad recipe – voila!
Tasty Canned Chicken Salad
If you are a fan of canned chicken salad, this easy recipe is for you. You'll be amazed by how easy this dish is. Check out the recipe here.
- 1 can chicken
- 1 /2 cup pineapple bits
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- ¼ medium white onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts optional
- Drain the can of chicken and add it to a bowl.
- Chop all the fruits and veggies and toss those in.
- Add the gloopy stuff and mix well. Season once it is all mixed.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour for the best flavour before eating. Consider altering the herb to change the flavour profile. Consider something like dill or thyme for a more traditional taste, or add more mustard for a bit of kick.
Calories: 491kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 1gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.05gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 167mgPotassium: 144mgFiber: 2gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 51IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.