I was to make delicious food with their garden’s produce. My herbed tuna pasta salad is the first of many recipes I would like to share with you.
There is nothing more simple to prepare and yummy to eat than a refreshing, tasty, filling summer salad. The items you need are most probably already in your pantry right now. Aside from the home garden herbs, my inspiration for this Tuna Pasta Salad came from my pantry and freezer.
You can combine any vegetables you wish to compliment the meaty tuna and comforting pasta; I used a cup of frozen vegetables and a zesty dressing. My herbed tuna pasta salad is great for your next light lunch or pot luck gathering. Try it today!
Best Herbed Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cans tuna light flaked
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 cup frozen peas carrots, corn and green beans
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 dash salt
- Boil pasta until it’s al dente. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Mix together the mayonnaise, avocado oil, lime juice, mustard and garlic until creamy and smooth.
- Submerge the frozen vegetables in boiled water for 10 minutes to thaw and slightly blanch the vegetables. You want them to be soft but not mushy.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, place it in a large mixing bowl, followed by the tuna and vegetable medley. Toss together gently once before adding the herbs. Finely chop each herb bunched, place them in the bowl, and toss once more.
- Finally, pour half of the dressing over the pasta salad and stir it well. Sprinkle with salt. Pour the second half of the dressing and stir again, making sure to coat all the salad ingredients well. Season with salt to your liking.