Okay, it is not technically summer anymore. But perhaps this potluck avocado pasta salad recipe will give you a leg up for your potlucks next summer, as you will be prepared entirely with a seriously delicious recipe!
I always bring pasta salad to potlucks. It’s kind of my thing. However, after changing to a vegan diet, my tried, true tuna pasta salad recipe had to go straight out the window. So I experimented all summer long with different ingredients until I came up with this amazing recipe for potluck avocado pasta salad recipe.
Some may think I’m super weird for using green olives in a pasta salad, but I love the surprising burst of flavour that it adds, plus the lovely saltiness that makes this dish interesting. Oh, and the avocado cream is a step up from that mayo dressing you generally find in pasta salads, making it deliciously rich!
Creamy Potluck Avocado Pasta Salad Recipe
Avocado Cream Dressing Ingredients
- 2 medium avocados ripe
- ¼ cup mayo vegan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 375 grams pasta
- ½ cup red pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup green pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup green olives sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add all avocado cream ingredients into a blender and puree until your sauce has a smooth consistency.
- Add the red pepper, green pepper, red onion and green olives to a large bowl.
- When the pasta is nicely cooked, drain and add to the bowl. Stir to combine with the other ingredients. Add the avocado cream dressing to the bowl, and stir until the pasta is coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir and serve cold.