Cold pasta salad dishes make great summer meals. They don’t require a lot of cooking; therefore, the kitchen stays cooler and the electricity bill a bit lower. Try my budget-friendly recipe for Hawaiian-style tuna salad. It’s my favourite recipe for serving up a cold pasta salad dish on a hot summer day.
I often serve this dish Hawaiian-Style Tuna Salad alone, or sometimes when I get the urge for a bit of warm, comforting food, I may add boiled corn on the cob and fresh warm rolls to the meal. So give cold Hawaiian tuna pasta salad a try!
- 1- 12 ounce can of tuna packed in water, drained
- 1-16 ounce package pasta
- 2 cups of green and orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 2 cups of pineapple, fresh or canned, chopped
- 2 cups of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup of salad dressing of choice
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- Boil pasta. Drain and cool.
- Chop peppers, celery, tomatoes, and pineapple.
- Add chopped fruit and vegetables to cooled pasta.
- Add the can of drained tuna.
- Stir curry into the salad dressing.
- Toss all ingredients together with the salad dressing.
- Dust with ground peppercorns.
- Serve on a bed of chilled crisp lettuce.