Cold pasta salad dishes make great summer meals. They don’t require a lot of cooking; therefore, the kitchen stays cooler and the electricity bill a bit lower. Try my budget-friendly recipe for Hawaiian-style tuna salad. It’s my favourite recipe for serving up a cold pasta salad dish on a hot summer day.
I often serve this dish Hawaiian-Style Tuna Salad alone, or sometimes when I get the urge for a bit of warm, comforting food, I may add boiled corn on the cob and fresh warm rolls to the meal. So give cold Hawaiian tuna pasta salad a try!
Sweet Hawaiian-Style Tuna Salad
- 12 ounces tuna packed in water and drained
- 16 ounces pasta
- 1 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup orange bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups pineapple fresh or canned, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- Boil pasta. Drain and cool.
- Chop peppers, celery, tomatoes, and pineapple.
- Add chopped fruit and vegetables to cooled pasta.
- Add the can of drained tuna.
- Stir curry into the salad dressing.
- Toss all ingredients together with the salad dressing.
- Dust with ground peppercorns.
- Serve on a bed of chilled crisp lettuce.