I grew up eating a certain kind of potato salad similar to the one below. However, once I grew up and learned how to cook, I started experimenting and made a salad that I really enjoyed. I made this one about a month ago when I was craving BBQ, and I needed a side to go with it. I enjoyed this one, and I hope you do too.
- 12 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs, hardboiled
- 1 can of diced olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and eggs together. I like the skin, but I know others may not. I find it’s better to remove the skin after boiling. Boil for 20 minutes and keep checking until a knife or toothpick pierces through. Drain in a colander and cut once cool enough to handle.
- Cut into the desired size pieces while still warm. Add apple cider vinegar and olive to potatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, cut up the egg and veggies and add in with mayonnaise and Greek yogurt or sour cream. Add a dash of salt and pepper, then stir until well incorporated.
- This salad tastes better right after making it than it does chill, but it has mayonnaise, so if you are not eating right away, it must go into the fridge.