I grew up eating a certain kind of potato salad similar to the one below. However, once I grew up and learned how to cook, I started experimenting and made a salad that I really enjoyed. I made this one about a month ago when I was craving BBQ, and I needed a side to go with it. I enjoyed this one, and I hope you do too.
Easy Potato Salad
- 12 medium potatoes
- 2 medium eggs hardboiled
- 1 can olives diced
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- 1 large pickle chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 dash salt to taste
- 1 dash pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes and eggs together. I like the skin, but I know others may not. I find it’s better to remove the skin after boiling. Boil for 20 minutes and keep checking until a knife or toothpick pierces through. Drain in a colander and cut once cool enough to handle.
- Cut into the desired size pieces while still warm. Add apple cider vinegar and olive to potatoes and stir to incorporate.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, cut up the egg and veggies and add in with mayonnaise and Greek yogurt or sour cream. Add a dash of salt and pepper, then stir until well incorporated.
- This salad tastes better right after making it than it does chill, but it has mayonnaise, so if you are not eating right away, it must go into the fridge.