This simple German potato salad recipe is prepared with potatoes, fresh vegetables, and a little mayonnaise. It is a classic lunch recipe, as grandma used to do. It is the perfect side dish for any meal, or it can be served on its own because it is full of flavours. So let’s prepare this recipe.
German Potato Salad
This German Potato Salad is the easiest potato salad you can nail at home. It's also delicious so it's a win-win! Check out the very special recipe here.
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 teaspoons onion salt
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the rest of the vegetables into small pieces, season with salt and pepper, and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the mayonnaise over the vegetables and mix.
- When the potatoes have boiled, let them drain and set aside to cool.
- When they have cooled, cut the potatoes into cubes and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep the potato salad in the fridge until ready to serve.
Calories: 1298kcalCarbohydrates: 138gProtein: 15gFat: 73gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 1851mgPotassium: 3151mgFiber: 18gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 329IUVitamin C: 204mgCalcium: 124mgIron: 6mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.