This simple German potato salad recipe is prepared with potatoes, fresh vegetables, and a little mayonnaise. It is a classic lunch recipe, as grandma used to do. It is the perfect side dish for any meal, or it can be served on its own because it is full of flavours. So let’s prepare this recipe.
- 3 pounds of potatoes
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 teaspoons of onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1/3 cup of cider vinegar
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the rest of the vegetables into small pieces, season with salt and pepper, and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the mayonnaise over the vegetables and mix.
- When the potatoes have boiled, let them drain and set aside to cool.
- When they have cooled, cut the potatoes into cubes and add them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients and keep the potato salad in the fridge until ready to serve.