I serve this Japanese-Style Home Potato Salad when I want a good side dish to serve with my special main dishes. This salad is tasty and never misses to impress the people I make it for. Check out the easy recipe here.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 skinny Japanese Cucumbers (or 1 regular, or ½ English)
- 1 carrot
- ¼ onion
- 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of French dressing
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Wash potatoes and cut out any eyes. Place in salted water and bring to a boil for about 30 minutes. Don't peel because they may become watery.
- When they seem done, take them out of the water, drain and cut them into quarters, removing the skin.
- Put the potatoes into a bowl and squish them with a spatula; add sugar and heated French dressing if making a special dressing version.
- Slice cucumber (with skin on) into thin rounds, preferably in a food processor. Sprinkle with salt and leave to wilt.
- Slice carrots into thin rounds as well, blanching so they are no longer raw but still crunchy. Slice onions very thin (in a food processor) and immerse in salted water. When cucumber and onion look slightly wilted, drain and rinse with cold water, and then pat dry or wring dry in a cloth.
- Add vegetables to the potatoes and mix, adding mayonnaise and mixing them. (You can increase or decrease the mayo to taste.) For a more "adult" flavour, add 1 tablespoon of dry mustard. Optional.
Did You Make This Recipe?
How you went with my recipes? Tag me on Instagram at @saladrecipesinfo.