I serve this Japanese-Style Home Potato Salad when I want a good side dish to serve with my special main dishes. This salad is tasty and never misses to impress the people I make it for. Check out the easy recipe here.
Authentic Japanese-Style Home Potato Salad
If you love potato salads, you must try this Japanese-style home potato salad recipe. This dish is so creamy and delightful/ i know you'll love it too!
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 skinny cucumbers Japanese
- 1 medium carrot
- ¼ medium onion
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons salad dressing French
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Wash potatoes and cut out any eyes. Place in salted water and bring to a boil for about 30 minutes. Don’t peel because they may become watery.
- When they seem done, take them out of the water, drain and cut them into quarters, removing the skin.
- Put the potatoes into a bowl and squish them with a spatula; add sugar and heated French dressing if making a special dressing version.
- Slice cucumber (with skin on) into thin rounds, preferably in a food processor. Sprinkle with salt and leave to wilt.
- Slice carrots into thin rounds as well, blanching so they are no longer raw but still crunchy. Slice onions very thin (in a food processor) and immerse in salted water. When cucumber and onion look slightly wilted, drain and rinse with cold water, and then pat dry or wring dry in a cloth.
- Add vegetables to the potatoes and mix, adding mayonnaise and mixing them. (You can increase or decrease the mayo to taste.) For a more “adult” flavour, add 1 tablespoon of dry mustard. Optional.
Calories: 736kcalCarbohydrates: 81gProtein: 8gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gSodium: 1735mgPotassium: 1691mgFiber: 9gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 5111IUVitamin C: 76mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 3mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.