This clean-eating Beet and Orange Quinoa Salad works well as a lunch or side dish. It is satisfying and perfect for a healthy lunch on the go! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegetarian, and vegan with one minor substitution.
I have quite the love affair with quinoa. I eat it daily! And well, of course, I like beets. This quinoa salad is a simple mixture of pure deliciousness. Sometimes, the most uncomplicated recipes are the most flavorful.
- 2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and cut into sections
- 2 small beets, boiled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Small pinch sea salt
- Drizzle of honey
- Cook quinoa in water according to packet directions. If the quinoa brand is not pre-rinsed, rinse quinoa in water before cooking.
- Wash beets and remove the greens and long stringy tips.
- Place into a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil the beets in a medium heat until a fork can be inserted without resistance.
- Remove the beets from pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once beets have cooled, rub the outside with a paper towel to remove the skin.
- Mix the quinoa, oranges, and beets.
- Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.