I know, again with the salad, right? But broccoli and quinoa salad are just so darn good and a super great way to get those veggies in the kids. Plus, quinoa, who knew we would love that?! I sure never guessed.
I hope you will use this one of those salads as a base and vary your veggies and dressings. Use what you love and what you know everyone will eat!
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic, to taste, grated, minced, or crushed
- 2-3 large broccoli heads, chopped to bite-sized pieces
- Lemon juice or vinegar of your choice
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 package of quinoa
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to a glass baking dish or roasting pan, and toss to coat.
- Place broccoli in preheated oven and cook until lightly roasted and slightly tender, but still al dente.
- While the broccoli cooks, cook quinoa according to package directions, adding salt to the water, or substituting chicken stock for the water.
- When quinoa is cooked, add it to a mixing bowl and immediately add green onion, parsley, spinach and whatever you would like for your dressing (lemon juice/vinegar and olive oil or regular salad dressing).
- Get the broccoli out of the oven and deglaze with lemon juice or vinegar. While scraping bits from the bottom of the pan, add to quinoa.
- Mix ingredients together, season to taste, and serve warm, hot, or cold!