I’ve tasted a version of this cranberry quinoa salad at a local health grocery store. However, like many “healthy” dishes, they used oil, and I’m not sure why? The foods are so much better tasting without them. So I came home and created my own better version of this salad. Have it alone or add a side to a great salad, and you have a complete meal.
Whether it’s to have something for lunch for the week or a dish for a picnic you’re attending, this cranberry quinoa salad is super easy, with little cooking. This salad makes quite a large bowl but won’t last long. This excellent tasting quinoa dish will be a hit!
Comforting Cranberry Quinoa Salad
This cranberry quinoa salad is a good salad to try. This healthy salad is a great recipe to try when craving for a healthy and delicious salad.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bag dried cranberries
- 1 bag edamame shelled
- ½ cup cashews chopped
- 4 tablespoons tamari sauce low sodium
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar fruit-flavoured
- 4 medium limes juiced
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 cups of quinoa and cumin. Lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While quinoa is cooking, rough chop up your cashews, you want big pieces. Put your cashews into a dry sauté pan.
- On low heat, toast the cashews. Be careful; when they start, they can toast quite quickly. When toasted, place in a big bowl.
- In your large bowl, add the craisins and edamame to your cashews. When quinoa is done, let cool. It doesn’t have to be cold but cool enough to “cook” the other items.
- Combine the juice from 4 limes, the tamari sauce, and fruit-flavoured white balsamic vinegar in a separate bowl. However, you can always use apple cider vinegar that you have on hand.
- When quinoa is cooled, add to your large bowl. Dress and mix well. Refrigerate afterwards. It can be eaten warm but meant to be eaten cold.
- Pour into a bowl of spinach and mix before serving.
Calories: 440kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 17gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 1028mgPotassium: 705mgFiber: 9gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 52IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 6mg
Feedback is key!Let us know how this recipe worked out for you.