One downfall to quinoa is that it is bland! Sure, it’s good for me, but who cares if I’m not going to eat it? My kids eat it with a bit of honey drizzled on top, but I need a little more oomph to tempt my taste buds. Thus I found a more flavorful way to enjoy this little wonder-seed: Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad.
Mouthwatering Southwestern Quinoa Black Bean Salad
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup black beans cooked
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 4 sprigs green onions finely chopped
- 1 medium lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook quinoa as directed. It looks like this when done:
- Cut lime and squeeze all the juice into a small bowl.
- Add honey and olive oil to the lime juice and stir together until well mixed.
- Pour liquid over the quinoa and add the beans, chopped onion, and pepper. Stir together, salt to taste, and there you go.