It’s no secret that quinoa salad is a very healthy choice if you are conscious about your health. You probably know the basics of making a good bowl of quinoa salad, but here’s a recipe for a change, spicy quinoa salad. It has a nice kick to it that you’ll surely enjoy.
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, grilled, then chopped
- 2 scallions, finely diced
- A few cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon each of the following (sea salt, turmeric, smoky paprika, cumin)
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- Lightly coat the zucchini stalks with olive oil and grill or broil until softened a bit. Let cool until you can handle them, then chop them into pieces.
- Stir together cooked quinoa, garbanzo beans, zucchini, scallions, spinach, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle the spices over the quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the quinoa mixture and mix well.