It’s no secret that quinoa salad is a very healthy choice if you are conscious about your health. You probably know the basics of making a good bowl of quinoa salad, but here’s a recipe for a change, spicy quinoa salad. It has a nice kick to it that you’ll surely enjoy.
Spicy Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise, grilled, then chopped
- 2 stalks scallions finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup spinach
- Lightly coat the zucchini stalks with olive oil and grill or broil until softened a bit. Let cool until you can handle them, then chop them into pieces.
- Stir together cooked quinoa, garbanzo beans, zucchini, scallions, spinach, and cilantro.
- Sprinkle the spices over the quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the quinoa mixture and mix well.