I enjoy this Easy Gluten-Free Chicken and Strawberry Spinach Salad because I can use leftover chicken. If you purchase a rotisserie chicken and find yourself with leftovers, it is a perfect way to make it into a new dinner. However, if there’s no leftover chicken, you can always poach a couple of chicken breasts to use instead.
This fast and easy salad is excellent and full of vitamins. I normally serve the dressing on the side so everybody can control the amount of dressing. This strawberry spinach salad is nice as a main dish, but it would also make a good side dish!
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- ½ cup of mayo
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 apple, sliced thinly
- 1 bag of baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups of strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- Toast the raw almonds in a dry skillet until they are lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Combine the mayo, lemon juice, sugar, and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Mix well and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in refrigerator till ready to use.
- Create 4 individual salads by placing spinach on plates. Place chicken pieces on top of spinach.
- Sprinkle with bell peppers, apples, almonds and strawberries.
- Serve with dressing on the side.