This spinach salad with lemon dressing and parmesan is as simple as it gets, yet somehow incredibly addicting. Something about the way the grated cheese dissolves into the dressing creates a flavour/texture combination that I cannot get enough of.
It was eat-it-out-of-the-serving-bowl-after-photographing good. The dressing has three ingredients plus salt, meaning you can whip this salad up with little to no forethought to go with whatever you’re making tonight.
I modelled this salad after one I’ve had at an Italian restaurant outside Chicago. The restaurant version also includes avocado and is equally delicious, but I wanted to keep this side salad as simple as possible. So if you have an avocado on hand, slice it up and toss it in. You won’t regret it!
Wondering what to serve with this spinach salad with lemon dressing and parmesan? It would be perfect with my risotto with butternut squash and sage, mustard-dill roasted salmon, or creamy white bean rosemary pasta. The flavors are simple, so this salad really will go with anything.
Healthy Spinach Salad With Lemon Dressing and Parmesan
- 3 cups spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ medium lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 handful parmesan cheese grated for topping
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, zest, and salt in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Drizzle over spinach and top with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and freshly ground black pepper to taste.