I’m usually good at coming up with great ideas for dinner, but a healthy side dish to go along with dinner is another story. I tend to focus only on the main dish, so by the time we eat, I either don’t have a side dish to go with the meal, or I just throw a small salad. Since salads have become a side dish staple in our household, I decided to spice things up with this excellent tangy spinach salad with strawberry dressing. I love strawberries in anything, so I knew this dish wouldn’t disappoint. My husband and I both enjoyed it.
If you like to make things ahead of time, which I do, you can make the dressing hours before dinner and store it in the refrigerator. I made the dressing using my little food chopper, which worked nicely. Also, I purchased a little bottle of champagne to make the dressing rather than buying an entire bottle for a tablespoon and a half. The almonds and strawberries are delicious with this dressing – you must make this tangy spinach salad soon!
Tangy Spinach Salad With Strawberry Dressing Recipe
Strawberry Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon champagne
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves rinsed and dried
- ½ cup almonds sliced
- ¼ cup strawberries sliced
- Get a blender or food processor, and add the strawberries, vinegar, champagne, sugar and salt.
- Process until the mixture is well combined and completely smooth. Transfer to an airtight bottle or container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, portion baby spinach leaves out on salad plates. Drizzle with the strawberry champagne vinaigrette.
- Top with sliced almonds and strawberries. Serve immediately.