This particular tuna salad recipe is so easy, pretty inexpensive and makes a few meals. At the start of your work/school week, this is great to make – healthy lunch is sorted! It depends on how much you put in each serving, mine usually makes four servings, but you could stretch it out to five if you wish!
Forget boring salads which consist of lettuce, cucumber and tomato, here is my exciting salad!
- 2 small tins of tuna
- 1 400-gram tin of lentils
- 1 400-gram tin of chickpeas
- Small bag of washed spinach leaves
- 1 cup of Bio Cheese (or another dairy-free cheese substitute)
- Small can of baby beetroot
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Portion out the spinach into 4 to 5 containers or bowls.
- Drain lentils and chickpeas, wash, and portion out into the meals you have.
- Grate Bio Cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Drain baby beetroots and cut into halves or quarters, and split into meals.
- Drizzle over olive oil.
- Crack salt and pepper over the top, mix if desired.