It can be very challenging to look for delicious but healthy recipes when you’ve plenty of ingredients to avoid in your daily diet. So naturally, this limits your choices when grocery shopping, but you have to make the best out of the situation with good-tasting recipes to suit all your requirements. Thinking of these, I realize I need to make tuna and chickpea salad.
What is excellent about either chicken or tuna salads is that there is hardly any wastage unless the preparation and flavor have already messed it up. Should the preparation of these recipes exceed the expected consumption, they can be recycled the next day as delicious sandwiches.
Throw in mozzarella cheese or feta, put it on any bread of your choice, heat in the oven, and you are ready to go with a different recipe. One of the most favorite salad preparations of all time is tuna and chickpea salad. It is easy and fast to prepare and, of course, satisfying. What else can you ask for in a healthy meal?
Healthy Tuna and Chickpea Salad
- 1 can tuna
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Mince and dice red onions.
- Drain the tuna in a medium mixing bowl with olive oil. Mix well.
- Add the garlic, onion, and chickpeas. Mix again. Add the salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Mix once more. Spread the baby spinach evenly around the serving plate.
- Empty the contents of the bowl into the center of the spinach and the plate. Enjoy eating!