Often, tuna salad is mayo heavy and pounded into a fishy paste. However, this tuna salad serenade takes advantage of flaky tuna fish and boiled eggs, combined with very little mayonnaise and lemon juice to make it something you want to bite into, not squeeze from a tube.
Refreshing Tuna Salad Serenade
- 2 cans tuna chunks, in water, drained
- 2 medium eggs boiled, separate the yokes from the whites
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped roughly
- ½ large onion minced
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Start by whisking together in a large bowl the mayo, egg yokes and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, tuna, roughly chopped egg whites, parsley, white pepper, onion and celery to the bowl and stir carefully until the tuna is well coated. Be sure to fold in gently as not to pulverize the tuna. Add the remaining lemon juice as needed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to chill for at least 1 hour or overnight if possible, allowing the flavours to enhance one another.
- Serve on a bed of iceberg lettuce, with water-crackers and a slice or 2 of lemon.