Nothing beats light and fresh summer salad when it’s scorching outside. This Brown Rice Salad recipe is easy to make, wonderful, and full of flavour and nutrients. I used this grain salad base recipe as a reference and created a dish best suited to my taste.
Feel free to swap out any ingredients so that you can enjoy a delicious summer salad that’s made just how you like it! Enjoy this Brown Rice Salad as a light lunch or a tasty side dish, and whichever you choose, I wish you healthy and joyful eating!
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup of chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup of sesame ginger vinaigrette
- Place 1 cup of rice and water in a pot. Allow to boil, cover, and turn heat to low for 45 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Place cooked rice and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the sesame ginger vinaigrette over the salad and use a spatula to fold to combine. Add more vinaigrette to your liking.
- Enjoy warm or refrigerate for one hour to enjoy it cold!