Last weekend, I went on a dinner date with my friends. We enjoyed Caprese salad as part of our meal.
Wednesday morning, I was craving it again; I can’t get enough these days! So I stopped at the co-op to get some fresh mozzarella (already had the tomatoes and basil) Wednesday morning and went to work. I brought my fresh, all-natural Caprese salad to the cabin as a perfect complement to the chicken and steak kabobs, juicy watermelon, and corn-on-the-cob. Life doesn’t get much better than this.
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced thick
- Basil leaves (stems removed)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh sea salt and ground pepper (optional)
- Lay the tomato slices down on a plate or serving platter.
- Put the mozzarella slices on top of the tomato slices.
- Layer the basil leaves on top of the mozzarella.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper.