Delicious And Fresh Watermelon Salad

by Eleanor Craig
Delicious And Fresh Watermelon Salad

Watermelon Salad – a great summer salad recipe to quench your thirst this summer.

When summer comes, there’s a need to be hydrated. However, who has time to think about drinking water when there is so much fun to be had? This is when getting some of your water through your food may make sense. Grapefruit, cucumbers and even avocado are great foods to make sure you are not becoming dehydrated. Perfect for adding to your diet during the summer months.

A summer favorite is surely watermelon. Besides being delicious, this fruit is 92% water! The other 8% is filled with nutrients like vitamin C, potassium and lycopene (more than tomatoes by weight) and is mildly diuretic. Much of the nutrition is in the rind, which some cultures pickle, stew or turn into wine. While watermelon wine sounds like a lovely summer drink, we are thinking about lunch this time around. So I opt to make Watermelon Salad.

By combining this quenching fruit with the contrast of salt through olives and feta cheese, your palate will be satisfied on many levels. Make sure to use fresh mint, as the overall flavor of Watermelon Salad will scream with freshness in a way that dried cannot match.

Delicious And Fresh Watermelon Salad

Delicious And Fresh Watermelon Salad

Eleanor CraigEleanor Craig
Looking for the perfect summer salad that is healthy and will help you quench your thirst? Try my Delicious And Fresh Watermelon Salad.
5 from 1 vote
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Course Salad
Cuisine American
Servings 2 people
Calories 462 kcal


  • 4 cups watermelon cubed
  • 150 grams feta cheese light or regular
  • ¼ cup black olives chopped
  • 2 medium limes juiced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • ¼ cup fresh mint chopped


  • Toss the watermelon with the juice of the two limes and the olive oil.
  • Sprinkle it with crumbled feta cheese, chopped back olives and the fresh mint and toss gently.
  • Take a big fork and get hydrated!


Note that the addition of salt through the cheese will release some of the liquid from the watermelon. This is normal. If you decide to share, serving with a slotted spoon might be the best way to ensure the liquid stays at the bottom.


Calories: 462kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 13gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1125mgPotassium: 495mgFiber: 4gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 2385IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 436mgIron: 2mg

You may also like

Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x