I had this Avocado Crab Salad in the Bahamas years ago, and I enjoyed it so much that now I make it at home sometimes. You can use any crab meat for this, including blue crabs, Dungeness crabs, snow crabs, stone crabs, and Alaskan king crabs.
If you have leftovers from eating crab legs, you can make good use of them with this yummy salad recipe. This Avocado Crab Salad recipe works better with lump crab meat or chunks of crab leg meat. You can use flaked crab meat, but the texture won’t be as attractive.
Crab meat is the perfect low-carb food because it contains no carbohydrates. Crab meat is also versatile, so it can be used in many low-carb recipes. And as you already know, crab recipes are fantastic! I like crab prepared just about any way. In fact, I’ve never had a crab recipe or a crab dish that I didn’t like!
Divine Avocado Crab Salad Recipe
- 1 pound crab
- 2 large avocados
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Pick through crabmeat and remove any shell and cartilage. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Wash avocados and cut both in half. Remove the pit and sprinkle the flesh with salt. Peel if desired.
- Toss the crabmeat with mayonnaise, green onion slices, lemon juice, sugar, and salt.
- Divide the crab meat among the 4 avocado halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.