Crab salad is a light and yummy salad dish that’s perfect for a summer day or a light lunch. This salad can be made with fresh crab meat, either from a can or picked from whole-cooked crabs, and combined with a variety of vegetables and seasonings to create a delicious and healthy meal.
To make crab salad, you’ll need fresh crab meat, celery, red onion, bell peppers, and a dressing made with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. For additional flavor, you can add herbs and spices such as parsley, dill, or Old Bay seasoning.
Once the ingredients are combined, the crab salad can be served on a bed of fresh lettuce or in a sandwich. This salad recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking, so feel free to adjust the seasonings and vegetables to your taste.
Filling and Refreshing Crab Salad Recipe
- 1 pound crab meat fresh, picked over for shells
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ¼ medium red onion diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning optional
- Combine the crab meat, celery, red onion, red and green bell peppers in a big bowl.
- Mix the mayo, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the crab mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Add the parsley, dill, and Old Bay seasoning (if using) and toss again.
- Chill the crab salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve the yummy crab salad on a bed of fresh lettuce or a sandwich.